We are recruiting for a Solutions Engineer to join our expanding team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make an impact implementing and delivering cloud native solutions and serverless applications. You will be required to develop software with the latest and greatest tech for high profile, enterprise clients. Providing clients with excellent delivery experience and realising outcomes for their business that deliver value.
- 5 or more years of commercial development experience.
- Knowledge of functional and object orientation programming.
- Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous programming.
- 2 or more years developing in Python 2.6 or 3.x.
- Experiencing in using Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST APIs.
- Understanding of databases and SQL.
- Understanding of Non-SQL databases.
- Understanding of caching (Elasticache and Redis).
- Experiencing in unit testing and TTD.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Strong Agile experience.
- Experiencing with version control (GIT)
- AWS Developer Certification and/or AWS Solution Architect, Associate Certification.
- Experience in AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB).
- Has developed solutions using AWS SAM or the Serverless Framework and defined APIs in Swagger.
- Ability to create high quality Cloud Formation or Terraform scripts; proven ability to use the AWS CL and GIT/SVN.
- Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
- Knowledge other programming languages (ideally Java or Node JS).
- Knowledge and understanding of the Well Architected Framework including the Serverless Lens.
- Lead the design and implementation of Step Functions.
- Understanding of, or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catelog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Code* or Jenkins.
- Evidence of continual learning and attacking new domains.
- Willingness to travel, on average 1 day per week.
- Desire to interact closely with customers and build strong relationships
- ‘Can Do’ and ‘Above and Beyond’ attitude to work.
- Understanding and some exposure to Machine learning, AI and Data Science.
Contact us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV to apply.