We are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join their expanding Platform Operations team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make an impact implementing, supporting and optimising cloud native solutions. You will be responsible for maintaining environments for high profile, enterprise clients. Providing an excellent customer experience and realising outcomes that deliver value for their business.
- Work with clients and project delivery teams to build and manage the ongoing improvement of critical production systems in an automated and scalable way.
- Respond to and resolve operational incidents, performing root cause analysis and managing changes required to prevent future occurrences.
- Create Impact Assessment documentation in response to change requests related to Managed Service platforms.
- Work on developing our core product and producing high quality reusable components that are used across multiple projects.
- Be an essential contributor to our DevOps culture. This includes automating the deployment of solutions by continuous delivery and promoting adoption of automation principles.
- 5 or more years of experience building & managing production systems/platforms.
- 2 or more years of experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Deep knowledge of an Infrastructure-as-Code toolset (Cloudformation/Terraform).
- Comfortable with scripting/automation of tasks (Python or Bash/Powershell).
- High level understanding of databases, networking and storage systems.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT).
- AWS Certification – SysOps Associate/DevOps Pro.
- Experiencing in AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB).
- Experience deploying solutions using AWS SAM or the Serverless Framework and defining APIs in Swagger.
- Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
- Windows Server and related technologies administration experience – AD, DFS, SQL Server.
- Experience of other public cloud solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the AWS Well Architected Framework.
- Understanding or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catalog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Code* or Jenkins.
- Evidence of continual learning and attacking new domains.
- Desire to interact closely with customers and build strong relationships.
- ‘Can Do’ and ‘Above and Beyond’ attitude to work.
- Understanding and some exposure to Machine learning, AI and Data Science.
Contact us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV to apply.