We are recruiting for a Solutions Architect to join our expanding company. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make a profound impact architecting and designing cloud native solutions and serverless architectures. You will be required to use, exploit, and recommended the latest and greatest tech with high profile, enterprise clients. Providing clients with their first experience of our client’s delivery capability and approach.
- Build strong relationships with clients, understanding their motivations behind projects and own technical activities to ensure the required business value is delivered. Acting as the technical authority and escalation point for AWS technical issues and decisions.
- Translate business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into a solution, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards and in some cases, help customers to define new policies, principles and standards.
- Be required to take advantage of Serverless technologies in designing AWS solutions; such as Lambda, S3, Dynamo DB, and API Gateway. Showing skill in balancing the upfront investment in the implementation of a solution against business and delivery priorities, including avoiding where possible technology lock-in and maximising value to our clients.
- With Data Engineers define for our client’s data pipelines and data lakes, covering the ingression, ETL or ELT, and the cataloging of data. Insuring that compliance, regulatory, retention, backup and security requirements are taken into account.
- Working closely with Data Scientists at understanding the needs and implementation of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep learning applications. This includes the training of models, testing of accuracy, the inference process and making predictions with hosted models or batch processing.
- Provide governance and oversight over the low-level implementation of projects (especially security and performance). Supporting DevOps engineers and helping them to take advantage of continuous integration and delivery were ever possible.
- Provide solutions that have operational excellence built in from the ground up, including high availability, elastic scaling, disaster recovery, centralise logging, monitoring, alerting, change control and cost tracking + optimisation. Allowing for easy transition of solutions from implementation to production, owning the hand over to either a client or our in-house Service Management teams.
- Assist in all aspect of the engagement life cycle, supporting the Pre-Sales, Sales, and Delivery functions of the business. This includes strong communications skills and the production of excellent technical designs and documents to potential and existing clients. Showing a willingness to meet clients and go the extra mile when required.
- Contribute continually to improving the development of AWS standards, best practices and organisational capability within the company. This includes opportunity to pick up and learn new AWS Services and technologies. Providing technical reviews and playbacks to the team, with the progression into being recognised as a subject matter expert within the organisation.
- Perform deep dives into technical areas to solve a specific solution or design challenges. Using trials or POCs to prove or discount an approach, in order to critic your own design.
- Proven AWS design, implementation and support experience.
- Excellent document production skills – design documents and architecture diagrams.
- Ability to present work directly to clients.
- Background in application development and experience in at least one high level programming language (ideally Java, Python or Node JS).
- Strong Agile experience.
- In depth knowledge in:
- AWS network services (AWS VPC, Subnetting, Security Groups, and Routing.
- AWS core services (EC2, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache).
- AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB).
- Ability to create high quality Cloud Formation or Teraform scripts, proven ability to use the AWS CL and GIT/SVN.
- Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
- AWS Solution Architect, Associate Certification or at least 3 years’ experience of AWS.
- AWS Solution Architect, Professional Certification and/or AWS Developer, Associate Certification.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Well Architected Framework including the Serverless Lens.
- Lead the design and implementation of Step Functions.
- Understanding or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catelog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
- Developed solutions using AWS SAM or the Serverless Framework and defined APIs in Swagger.
- Understanding of continuous integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Code* or Jenkins.
- Skill and experience flexibility over a narrow but deep specialism.
- Evidence of cross-vendor work as opposed to a candidate who wants to remain skilled in a single vendor’s technologies.
- Evidence of continual learning and attacking new domains.
- Willingness to travel, on average 1 day per week.
- Desire to interact closely with customers and build strong relationships..
- ‘Can Do’ and ‘Above and Beyond’ attitude to work.
- Understanding and some exposure to Machine learning, AI and Data Science.
Contact us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV to apply.